Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches
This book is no longer in print.
Don Jones' blockbuster, hour-a-day tutorial for absolute PowerShell beginners is supplemented with narrated demonstration videos, extra chapters, lab sample answers, and much more. If you haven't picked up this bestselling title, buy your copy today!
NOTE: While this book will absolutely help you learn PowerShell v3, it doesn't include updated and new information related to that release. An updated version of the book is available that corresponds with the new product version - details can be found here.
Curious about how well Don's "in a Month of Lunches" teaching technique works? Listen to Julie, Will, and Brian discuss their "Month of Lunches" experience in this independent, uncensored podcast. In their own words, you'll hear how - even with minimal background experience - they were able to conquer the shell in under 30 days!
Don fields your PowerShell questions in the forums on PowerShell.org
- Attend a public PowerShell class with the author, or have him deliver a private class at your office.
- The author's ShellHub.com site of recommended PowerShell resources
- The author's PowerShell Book Selection Guide
- Test Your PowerShell Prowess (PDF) is a convenient way to self-assess your PowerShell knowledge.
- Functions (ZIP) is a supplemental chapter that focuses on the various kinds of PowerShell functions.
- Errata (PDF) contains the most recent errata for the book. Note: Because a 2nd edition covering PowerShell v3 is now in development, this errata is no longer being updated.
- Lab Answers (ZIP) contains sample solutions for the book's hands-on labs.
- Code Listings (ZIP) contains the longer script and code samples from the book.
Don has uploaded 99 high-definition, narrated videos to his YouTube channel, creating a playlist specifically for the book. You'll find videos organized by chapter number. These videos correspond to each chapter in the book, and provide a video demonstration of every major concept. These books are not intended to be a standalone video course; they were created specifically as companions to the book to illustrate the content in the book.
If you want more format, full-length PowerShell video training, try CBT Nuggets.